Due to the moisture in your bathroom, it is a conducive spot for the growth of mold. Here are some tips to prevent the growth of this menace in your bathroom:
1. Plumbing lines inside the exterior walls are bound to leak easily because of temperature variations. Placing plumbing lines inside interior walls will help the situation. If they have to be placed inside exterior walls, provide adequate insulation for them.
2. Such provisions in a bathroom like steam showers and whirlpool tubs are high on steam production. A high quality bath fan can salvage the situation. Use the fan whenever you are taking the steam bath and leave it on for 30 minutes after you are through with the bathroom door closed.
3. Condensation is likely to occur in the toilet tank especially during summer. This moisture is a clear recipe for mold growth. Use an insulation kit for the tank to protect your bathroom. You might also wish to use an anti-sweat valve which to channel sufficient amounts of hot water to the tank preventing condensation.
4. For tiled bathroom floors, grout lines provide an avenue for water leaks. To prevent this, you may need to reduce the number of grout lines by going for a single piece layout plan.
5. The climate of your location should inspire the kind of bathroom wall erected for you. If your locality is cold or warm, an expert should provide the best kind of design to reduce the chances of mold growth.
If you believe that you’re seeing some issues of mold growth in your bathroom, or believe that you’re prone to it, call our Orlando Water Damage professionals. We can look at your bathroom and tell you if there are any hazards to be aware of, or we can fix whatever problem that you’re seeing.